The ability of leaders to drive changes and business transformations continuously by mentoring and inspiring people, facilitating the conditions for innovation to flourish, and reinforcing a favorable innovation culture.
The transformational leadership features that are present in key people throughout the organization
- Senior leaders spend their time actively encouraging and driving innovation (role-model behaviors such as openess to new ideas and risk taking).
- Senior and other formal leaders avoid to establish short-term rewards only.
- Innovative leadership is also a dynamic role (formal or informal) played throughout the innovation structures and teams.
- Leaders engaged in innovation are perceived as unlocking and unleashing the creativity, initiative, leadership, and productivity of people.
Change / Transformation Management
The explicit approach (e.g. actions and events) that continuously drives positive changes and business transformation for high-impact innovation
- A sufficiently powerful transformation team with credible and knowledgeable people exists for driving change/transformation.
- The leadership team inspire people through a vision for the future and articulation of opportunities for the organization.
- The leadership team devote enough resources to create and sustain the right conditions to implement strategy and significant time to coach and provide feedback on the innovation efforts.
- The leadership team integrate people effectively across structures and networks towards collaborating in a harmonious and efficient way in support of innovation and the organization´s aspirations.